Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So, it's day 2... and blog # 2.... SO FAR I'm on a role!!!!

I also totally wrote "blob" up there the first time instead of "blog" and started cracking up.
Talk about being easily entertained!!

Yesterday was a pretty good day! Work flew by and I had a wonderful night ahead of me. I met up with one of my sweet younglife girls and had a great talk. We probably could have sat there and talked for another 3 hours but hey -- we had places to go and people to see! High demand over here!.. Kidding. :)

The Team Younglife Leader for Plano Senior High is transferring over to Lewisville, so we had a going away party for him last night. To you, it may not sound like a big deal. To me, however, this is a HUGE ordeal! Dave was my Younglife leader when I was growing up in high school. Or trying to at least. So I have known him for about 7 years now. This guy -- helped me through the thick, thicker, and thickest times of my life! If it weren't for his constant pursue of my friendship and unconditional love for me and Christ, I don't think I would be half the person I am today. I used to think he was just a crazy man who came to my high school at lunch and tried to drag us to this thing called Younglife -- but now I KNOW he is a crazy man. HAHA Kidding, Dave! To put yourself out there in front of a bunch of random, judgmental high school students is probably one of the most difficult things to do in Younglife. I always thought I knew who Jesus was -- but it wasn't until Dave showed me how to have an intimate relationship with God -- that I truly found out what it meant to be a Christian. He is a blast to hang out with and has been a best friend and big brother to me for years. I found myself calling him after a break - up before even some of my closest girlfriends. He always knew the right thing to say! :) He also helped me break my fear of singing in front of people because well -- now every Monday I scream my lungs out into a microphone in front of our entire Younglife club. Dave, you will be sincerely missed. I can't wait to see what amazing works the Lord has you do in Lewisville! GOOD LUCK! We love you and will miss youuu!!

Enough of the sappy stuff -- after that little shindig the NEW Dave (AKA. Katie Parker.. AKA. KP.. annndd the girl on the right in the picture) and I went to grab a little bite at good ol' Chuy's. Man, I love that place. Creamy jalapeno sauce is where its at!! YEA BOI! That was another chance for some great conversation. I do just love that woman to death! Well, I am helping her house sit for the next couple of weeks. We are kind of getting a little preview of what it would be like to live together because that is something we have been talking about doing here in the near future. What a great roomie she would be! Anywhoo -- we were in their media room.. YES MEDIA ROOM.. trying to find a flick to watch and we started to get a little frustrated. Oh, and laughing hysterically too. Every movie we wanted to watch was not in their case!!! We dug apart the entire entertainment center trying to find these discs.... and no, we didn't find them. The "best" disk we came across was BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE... Well, I'm sorry WD but BECAUSE of you we decided to just watch the only movie on TV. Ransom. Which actually wasn't half bad!! Could have potentially given me nightmares about being kidnapped but I had a little Delsym cough syrup before I went to bed so I don't even think that I had a dream. And YES I did actually have a cough that is why I loaded up on Delsym.

Anywhoo -- today should be another lovely day at the Hyatt. My boss isn't in yet and its 10:45 so that is kind of disturbing. Maybe I'll have something really cool to write about tomorrow from what she tells me today.. OOHHH yeahhh my blogs got it going on!!!


At least, I think it does. ;)

Adios amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment